Building on our infrastructure to improve platform stability
Throughout this year Soho66 has been undertaking substantial work behind the scenes on our platform infrastructure, devised to improve the experience for you – our customers.
Our platform has served our customers well over the years, and continues to do so. However, our objective is to take a proactive approach to ensure this remains the case as our customer base grows and the volume of calls across our network increases.
This will protect our platform’s resilience allowing established and new customers alike to continue to enjoy the benefits of a fast, easy to use VoIP telephone system you can access at any time, from anywhere, with an internet connection.
Below is a rundown on just some of the work our in-house development team have been hard at work at over recent months.
New data centres
- Investment in new data centres (DC) mean we now have more DC partners, located across varying locations in the UK and Ireland, with each operating failover fault tolerance
- Each DC is load-balanced in a way that, firstly, allows our core platform to be more resilient; and secondly, means call quality is not affected during periods of heavy traffic
- In each DC there is a built in redundancy network in order to protect our platform in the event of a hardware failure
- A strategic and transparent depopulation process protects customers’ services during periods of maintenance
- We are full RIPE NCC (Network Coordination Centre) members, enabling us to access our own IP numbering and consequently route traffic to any of our multiple data centres
Proactively tackling resilience
- Through now having our own IP address range, of which our ranges are advertised over BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), we are now able to direct traffic for an IP address to any of our locations
- Our new SIP platform enables us to have multiple active proxies, resulting in absolute minimal service interruption or downtime
- In the event of a defect being detected on any of our proxies, the proxy in question will be pulled from action, while our remaining proxies will still have the capacity to run all services
- Our websites are fully multihomed, meaning they remain unaffected in the event of a loss of location
What does this mean for you?
Some of this work is ongoing and any major developments we carry out is done so in a manner which minimizes the impact for customers.
Therefore, your services with Soho66 should remain unaffected and simply run as normal.
In the long run it will result in an even sturdier, more resilient platform for you to be able to enjoy the features and flexibility our service offers your business.