Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

INFO:Setup Cisco 7940 with soho66 Options
AndyP
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:27:32 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Recently signed up to Soho66 and have a Cisco 7940 which I have configured to work with their service, including indication of new Voicemail messages. Thought some may find the following info useful. Cisco 7960 is very similar, has 6 lines instead if 2.

Hardware:
Cisco 7940 with SIP firmware v8.12
Virgin Internet Connection
Netgear WGR614 Wireless G Router

1. Netgear router has been setup to provide the Cisco 7940 with a reserved IP address, so that no other device uses the address. Any address in your used subnet is OK, e.g. 192.168.x.x. This is in Advanced -> LAN Setup -> Address Reservation.

2. Cisco 7940 is setup to download its config from my Linux PC using TFTP. This is only needed when you change the config of the phone or you wish to upgrade the firmware. Normal use does not need the PC to be connected or switched on. I think you can use the phone without TFTP, as all settings can be made manually - not something I've tried though.

3. Enter the password to allow changes to the phone. Do this by going to Settings -> Unlock Config and entering the default password of 'cisco'. This is entered by pressing 2224447777222666 and pressing Accept. If your password is different, you'll need to speak to the person who changed it!

4. Go to Settings -> Network setup on the Cisco 7940. Ensure the settings will work with your Internet Router, and use the address reserved above.

5. Go to Settings -> SIP Configuration -> Line 1 Settings. Using the following details as a guide, enter the details provided by Soho66:-

Name 1000001234 Voip Username provided by Soho66
Shortname Soho66 Can be anything you want e.g. Sales
Authentication Name 1000001234 Voip Username provided by Soho66
Authentication Password xxxxxxxx Voip Password provided by Soho66
Proxy Address sip.soho66.co.uk
Proxy Port 5060

6. Go to Settings -> SIP Configuration

Messages URI 8000 Access Voicemail by pressing 'Envelope'
Register with Proxy YES
Voip Control Port 5060
Outbound Proxy UNPROVISIONED
NAT Enabled YES
NAT Address UNPROVISIONED

All other settings can be left as default.

Hope this is of some help to anyone trying to use a Cisco 7940/7960.

Andy
DeepakK
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:01:57 PM

Groups:

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for that, I just had one quick question, are you using one 7940? will this same set up work for multiple 7940s configured the same way on the same LAN?

Many thanks

Deepak
EdwardS1
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:08:46 AM

Groups:

Excellent - Almost fully working for me - just not allowing incoming calls.

I can check my voice mail and i can make outgoing calls.

when i phone in just goes to vm.

I have checked call routing.
DavidH19
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2014 4:10:44 PM

Groups:

I have exactly the same issues as with being able to get out perfectly but no incoming calls.

Did anybody ever get that fixed?

UPDATE:

I did! The issue is the NAT traversal. You need to put in the WAN IP address in the NAT address setting. I have a dydns.org address so if you don't have a static address use a dynamic server.
Md KamrulH
#5 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 2:44:39 PM

Groups:

I have exactly the same issues as with being able to get out perfectly but no incoming calls.

Did anybody ever get that fixed?

Previous Comments : - " I did! The issue is the NAT traversal. You need to put in the WAN IP address in the NAT address setting. I have a dydns.org address so if you don't have a static address use a dynamic server. "

I am really confused what you meant by NAT traversal. Is there any one who can help me by giving an example.

Thanks.