Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Acrobits Softphone (iPod Touch and iPhone) Options
DarylB
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 26, 2010 4:14:50 PM

Groups:

Quite a few customers have asked about using a softphone with the Acrobits softphone app for the iPhone and, how to set this up.

Acrobits is an excellent softphone and, will also allow you to make / receive calls using an iPod Touch, provided you have WiFi internet access.

To get started with Acrobits, assuming that you have already purchased this through the Apple AppStore. If not, then click here to go to the App Store.
  • Tap the Settings button at the top right of the screen
  • Tap "SIP Accounts"
  • Tap the "+" icon at the top of the page to add a new account
  • Tap "Generic SIP Account"

Fill in the following details:
  • Title: This is a friendly name that identifies the account on your iPhone
  • Username: This is your VoIP Username
  • Password: This is your VoIP Password
  • Domain: sip.soho66.co.uk
  • Port: 5060
  • Incoming Calls: On

After configuring your account, tap "Save", then "Settings", then "Done"

Your Soho66 account should then be configured, ready for use.

If you experience problems with this configuration, such as not being able to hear your caller, then try using our alternate port number of 8060 (instead of 5060). This should resolve any issues.
  • DavidP2
    #2 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:41:48 PM

Groups:

How would this work with an existing extension? Will the system get confused if I have more than one phone logged in to the same number?
    I sometimes work from home and therefore would not have unplugged my phone at the office (Cisco 7960)
    DarylB
    #3 Posted : Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:22:33 PM

Groups:

Hi David

To use the multiple phones, you will need to have an extension created for your softphone. This can be done with one of either two routes.

1) You can convert your existing VoIP Solo number to a VoIP Multi number. This will allow you to connect up to 5 different hardware / software phones to your single VoIP number, and would increase your monthly charge for the number by £3.00.

2) You can add a new number specifically for the iPhone. This will create another single extension. You could then advertise the number specifically as your out of office number if you wished, and route the main office phone to ring both the Cisco and your iPhone at the same time. This would cost an extra £2.00 per month.

If it's only ever going to be the Cisco phone and the iPhone, then the most cost effective way is to add the second number. If, however, you think you may be adding more phones in the near future, then the multiuser account would be the best way to go.

Kind Regards

Daryl
    DavidP2
    #4 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:48:59 PM

Groups:

I have set the iphone up and works really well. They do need to have the facility on the software to transfer calls to other extensions as I answer this from home and can't transfer incoming calls to the office
    LiamG
    #5 Posted : Monday, July 09, 2012 12:39:46 PM

Groups:

Is there any way to do call transferring when using the Acrobits softphone, to transfer the caller to one of our Soho66 extensions?
    StephenL4
    #6 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:05:11 PM

Groups:

Hi,

Acrobits doesn't support call transfers, you would need to use Groundwire. Click on link for comparison:

http://www.acrobits.cz/25/acrobits-softphone-or-groundwire-which-do-i-need-